Skip to main content

Did you tap up your Data for your Fido Phone Lately?

Did you tap up your Data for your Fido phone lately ?



Several months ago, I received a text that my data is nearing its limit and I have to respond on how much to tap up and fearing that I might pay more, I availed extra twenty dollars.  The next month, I receive again another text message and asking me whether I want to tap up again and so I did once more.  I have the impression that this is temporary and on a monthly basis.  For a couple of months, I did not receive any text message anymore.


Yesterday, I called FIDO because I received a call to call them back to check on something and I discovered that the tap up actually stays.  Once you avail it, it will be there always unless you call them to remove it or text them to remove it.  Apparently, I’d been paying way extra data that I dont need with a double tap up!


The helpful lady support gave me instructions on how to do it and let me share it with you.


Here are the steps:
  1. Open your message application
  2. Send CANCEL to 222




3. Then select the tap up you want to cancel.  In this case I have to text CA2 
4. Then send YES2 and it will be cancelled.
5. To make sure that you cancelled everything, text CANCEL again

The money you save from this unnecessary expense can go to your business instead.  

Note:  You may need to add 222 to your contacts if it won't allow you to text directly.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Elites Don’t Want You to Know

‘You are the author of your life.’ I’m sure you have heard this a thousand times before as this cliché has been said by a lot of great speakers to motivate their audience. But somehow, you most likely believe that some lives are authored by bloodline especially for people who are born with a silver spoon in the mouth. And you know that the quote ‘ You are the author of your life ’ is only applicable to regular people so that they couldn’t blame anyone for the poverty and scarcity they experience. -The Trap- Now let me tell you some truths that might shock the very core of you. The things that the world and the media has led you to believe are façade and lies to stop you from being free from the trap. And when I say trap, I mean that 9-5 job you’ve signed for. Trap is the routine that you do, an endless cycle of going to work, receiving your paycheck monthly, that’s not even enough to cover all the dues. Trap is also the miserable and dangerous world that you believe you are ...

A Gem Not Far From a Crowded City

Is your dream house unaffordable? Try looking for it in Fergus.   Fergus is the largest community in Centre Wellington, a township within Wellington County in Ontario and it is just a bit over one hour drive from Mississauga and Toronto. It lies on the Grand River about 18 km NNW of Guelph. The population of this community at the time of the 2016 Census was 20,767, but the community is growing as new homes are being built for sale. Fergus became an independent town until 1999 when the Township was formed by amalgamating Fergus, the Village of Elora, Ontario and the Townships of Nichol, Pilkington, West Garafraxa and a part of Eramosa. Fergus is has a number of natural settings such as the Elora Gorge and Conservation Area, and Belwood Lake. It is a mostly residential community filled with streets lined with trees, many stone buildings, modern schools, and many parklands suitable for recreation and picnics. It is laid out on a rectangular grid, with the Grand R...

Effective Business Approach/Strategy

Business approach or strategy is one of the six functions in business management. It is also one of the most important functions that dictates the business’ success. Business approach or strategy maybe different for every company depending on the industry and type of business. Although there are many strategies that are available for you, the best business approach to every business is come up with your own tailored-made strategy specifically for the type of business that you have. However, it is not very advisable to mix business strategies unless it is deemed necessary. Business strategies take time and known to be on continuous development for at least three to five years before you see significant progress. Below is a chart of three main business strategies and approach which are cost strategy, differentiated strategy and focus strategy. Let’s start with the first three main business strategies and approach. 1. Cost. It is also known as cost leadership strateg...